Tuesday 13 March 2012

AUTOMAT Mayfair

Automat American Brasserie
33 Dover Street
Mayfair W1S 4 NF  020 7499 3033


So my best friends and I hit mayfair on Sunday for my pre birthday celebrations
and where better then to dine at AUTOMAT, my favourite american brasserie in the heart of Mayfair.

Being a sunday I was keen to gather the girls for a 'Special' Brunch. Somewhere that not only serves the kind of dishes that dreams are made of (on the 'sod the diet' days) but in the style of my favourite Sex and the City gals  that  have no problem serving a Cosmopolitan alongside a latte.

Brunch is served from 7am until 4:30pm every sunday.
Shut your eyes, sip your Cosmo and with take in the scent of the chicken noodle soup and you could well be in the heart of Manhatten.

I could not wait to get here and indulge in my favourite treats. We kicked off with a round of Automat signature shots that were curiously names Liquid Cocaine's. A combination of blue caracao and rum, and yes they gave us the buzz we needed to take in the super duper extensive menu .

The brunch menu here is endless and serves everything from a variety of egg dishes down to a soft shell crab 'Po Boy' sandwich. But what makes this place special and I mean SPECIAL are the Waffles!!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh .... the strawberry waffles!!!... Ohhh the blueberry pancakes!!


(A sex and the city brunch with the girls)

I booked the chefs table giving us plenty of room to spread our wings and laugh out loud without being under any of the other diners feet, which is also a prime spot to watch the chefs in action too. Between the 6 of us our order ranged from the AUTOMAT BRUNCH BURGER ( a prime steak burger served with egg over easy, crispy bacon and home fries) PENNE ARRABIATA, SMOKED SALMON WITH SCRAMBLED EGG and of course ample plates of waffles and buttermilk pancakes, which were demolished in seconds!!!!

'


I can't imagine Carrie Bradshaw balancing on her Manolo's after the amount we got through but we would have done her proud on the cocktail front. The cocktail menu is just as scrummy. I had a cheeky Bloody Mary alongside my brunch which was delicious as it had just the right amount of celery salt and worcester sauce for me ! ( I don't like tabasco !!) And one of my best friends Izzy hit the Strawberry milkshakes with a vengence.

Having been here before and having a variety of diffent dishes that the menu offers, I can honestly say this is a diner I can't ever see myself tiring of. Eggs Benedict and a latte with a sunday newspaper as my company would be just as suited here as are the ladys who have cocktails with their waffles. Great for a variety of occasions that offers a cool relaxed atmosphore in a place that makes you feel a bit special even in your ugg boots!
Book early for group bookings as Sundays get packed out, or stroll up on your own on a lazy sunday afternoon.
We loved AUTOMAT and our bill at the end was substantilly less then a trip to New York but equally as brilliant.

FAVOURITE DISH

                                   EGGS BENEDICT& STRAWBERRY WAFFLES

TRY

AUTOMAT PASSION MARTINI



No comments:

Post a Comment